Navigating music and sound education
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Pub., 2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 207 p. : ill., music ; 22 cm.
MT1 .N38 2010
- Unknown MT1 .N38 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Navigating context-based learning in pre-service teacher education / Julie Ballantyne and Brydie-Leigh Bartleet
- Teaching for musical understanding : a constructivist approach / Deborah Blair and Jackie Wiggins
- Integrating music with other subjects : challenges and possibilities / Smaragda Chrysostomou and Natassa Economidou Stavrou
- Creative learning in music and educational renewal / Pamela Burnard
- Navigating the gender landscape in music education / Scott D. Harrison
- Informal learning in the music classroom : a seven-stage program / Lucy Green
- Musical education as a social act : learning from and within musical communities / Stephanie E. Pitts
- Weaving new patterns of music in indigenous education / Anja Tait ... [et al.]
- A tale of three cities : dreams and realities of cultural diversity in music education / Huib Schippers and Melissa Cain
- Navigating technological contexts and experience design in music education / Steve Dillon and Kathy Hirche
- The morphing music educator / Peter de Vries.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Navigating Music and Sound Education" has been specifically written for pre-service teachers who are studying music education curriculum or pedagogy subjects. It features the voices of leading international academics in the field to illuminate issues of importance in preparing pre-service teacher education students. The engaging examples provided in each chapter are drawn from real-life educational settings, and enable readers to critically explore the perspectives presented by the authors and consider the application of such perspectives in their future practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Julie Ballantyne and Brydie-Leigh Bartleet.
- Meaningful music making for life series ; bk. 2
- 9781443818438 (hbk.)
- 1443818437 (hbk.)