Leadership for family and community involvement
- Paul D. Houston, Alan M. Blankstein, Robert W. Cole, editors.
- Thousand Oaks, CA : Corwin Press ; [Bloomington, Ind.] : Hope Foundation ; [Arlington, Va.] : American Association of School Administrators, c2010.
- Physical description
- xix, 139 p. ; 23 cm.
- Soul of educational leadership ; v. 8.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1048.5 .L43 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface - Robert Cole Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Engaging Families to Enhance Student Success - Alan M. Blankstein and Pedro A. Noguera 2. Parents as Leaders: School, Family, and Community Partnerships in Two Districts - Mavis G. Sanders 3. Sharing the Dream: Engaging Families as Partners in Supporting Student Success - Susan Frelick-Wooley, Cynthia Rosacker Glimpse, and Sheri DeBoe Johnson 4. The 'What' and 'How' of Helping Parents Help Students Become Successful Learners - Yoni Schwab & Maurice J. Elias 5. Family Literacy: The Roles of School Libraries and Public Libraries - Lesley S. J. Farmer 6. Balancing Your Communication Ledger:Using Audits to Involve Communities and Build Support for Schools - Edward H. Moore 7. Manage the Molehill Before It Becomes a Mountain: Keeping Parent Interactions Productive for Students - Lin Kuzmich 8. Raising the Village by Bringing Communities and Schools Together - Paul D. Houston Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Because schools are the heart and soul of a community, educational leaders have a responsibility to bring the community into the school, as well as to make the school a part of the surrounding community. This volume in "The Soul of Educational Leadership Series" goes beyond administrative skills to examine educators' pivotal role of leading family and community involvement in school success. With articles written by leading authorities and practitioners in the field, this resource discusses how school leaders can build successful family and community partnerships that flourish even in trying circumstances and over time. Readers will find: contributions from Alan M. Blankstein, Pedro A. Noguera, Mavis G. Sanders, Paul D. Houston, Edward H. Moore, and others; inspiring and unique perspectives on the interplay of family and community in school success; and, ideas for engaging families as partners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The soul of educational leadership ; v. 8
- 1412981271 (pbk.)
- 9781412981279 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: