Toward a broader understanding of stress and coping : mixed methods approaches
- [edited by] Kathleen M. T. Collins, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie, Qun G. Jiao.
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 469 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Research on stress and coping in education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3431 .T69 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Foreword, Gordon S. Gates-- Introduction-- SECTION I: CONCEPTUAL AND THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVES-- A Framework for Assessing Legitimation in Mixed Research: Implications for the Field of Stress and Coping, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie, R. Burke Johnson, and Kathleen M. T. Collins-- Integrated Methods for Studying a Systemic Conceptualization of Stress and Coping, Abbas Tashakkori, Lisa M. Brown, and Peter Borghese-- Unpacking the Barriers and Finding Solutions for Successful Mixed Research Studies in Stress and Coping Research and Beyond, Nancy L. Leech-- Guidelines for Conducting and Reporting Mixed Research in the Field of Stress and Coping and Beyond, Nancy L. Leech and Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie-- A Call for Mixed Analysis Among Stress and Coping Researchers: Deconstructing Separatist Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis in Mixed Research, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie, R. Burke Johnson, and Kathleen M. T. Collins-- SECTION I I: METHODOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES-- Stress and Coping in Families of Children with Disabilities: A Mixed Research Perspective, Lisa A. Turner and Burke Johnson-- 7 A Meta-Framework for Conducting Mixed Research Syntheses for Stress and Coping Research and Beyond, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie, Kathleen M. T. Collins, Nancy L. Leech, Amy B. Dellinger, and Qun G. Jiao-- A Mixed Methods Approach to Conducting Literature Reviews for Stress and Coping Researchers: An Interactive Literature Review Process Framework, Julie P. Combs, Rebecca M. Bustamante, and Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie-- Toward More Rigor in Focus Group Research in Stress and Coping and Beyond: A New Mixed Research Framework for Collecting and Analyzing Focus Group Data, Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie, Wendy B. Dickinson, Nancy L. Leech, and Annmarie G. Zoran-- An Innovative Method for Stress and Coping Researchers for Analyzing Themes in Mixed Research: Introducing Chi-Square Automatic Interaction Detection (CHAID), Anthony J. Onwuegbuzie and Kathleen M. T. Collins-- SECTION III: APPLIED RESEARCH PERSPECTIVES-- School-Based Stress and Coping Program for Adolescents in Sri Lanka: Using Mixed Methods to Facilitate Culture-Specific Programming, Bonnie K. Nastasi, John H. Hitchcock, Kris Varjas, Asoka Jayasena, Sreeroopa Sarkar, Rachel Bernstein Moore, Frances Burden, and Lauren Albrecht-- Identifying and Alleviating the Stresses of College Students Through Journal Writing, Melissa A. Kelly and Leasha M. Barry-- Interview Techniques Used in Coping and Stress Mixed Methods Studies, Thomas W. Christ-- A Mixed Methods Investigation of Hispanic Students' Sense of Self-Efficacy in Reaction to Bullying Stressors, Rebecca A. Robles-Pina, Paulette Norman, and Carrie Campbell-Bishop-- Professional Burnout and Job Demands Among High School Principals: A Mixed Methods Study, Julie P. Combs and Stacey L. Edmonson-- About the Contributors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781593117214 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Research on stress and coping phenomena has been among the most widely studied topics in social and behavioral sciences during the past several decades. Notwithstanding, the authors in this book have expanded the base of stress and coping research by providing a valuable reference source that includes guidelines and frameworks as well as empirical findings related to the application of mixed methods approaches to the study of stress and coping. This book is intended not only for stress and coping researchers, but also for social and behavioral science researchers at various levels-from students, instructors, and advisors to applied researchers, research methodologists, and theorists. The 15 chapters are divided into three distinct sections. The five chapters in Section I focus mainly on topics pertaining to the conceptual and theoretical aspects of mixed methods research in the study of stress and coping. The five chapters in Section II address the major methodological issues of mixed methods research. Section III presents five empirical studies of mixed methods research as applied to the field of stress and coping. This book illustrates the perspectives of innovative interconnections in the application of mixed methods research to the study of stress and coping. It also provides readers with new ways of designing and evaluating strategies and programs that aim to reduce stress and improve coping mechanisms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781593117214 20160604
- Publication date
- Research on stress and coping in education
- 9781593117214 (hbk.)
- 1593117213 (hbk.)
- 9781593117207 (pbk.)
- 1593117205 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: