Dyslexia in the foreign language classroom
RJ496 .A5 N55 2010
- Unknown RJ496 .A5 N55 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 210-232) and index.
- Introduction Chapter 1 Becoming literate Chapter 2 Causes of dyslexia Chapter 3 Dyslexia and foreign language learning Chapter 4 Symptoms and identification of dyslexia Chapter 5 Treatment and teaching Chapter 6 Sample activities for learners with dyslexia learning English as a foreign language.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book addresses specific learning difficulties in reading and spelling - developmental dyslexia. Set in the cross-linguistic context, it presents issues surrounding dyslexia from the perspective of a foreign language teacher. It is intended to serve as a reference book for those involved in foreign language teaching, including experienced in-service teachers and novice teachers, as well as teacher trainers and trainees. It offers an up-to-date and reader-friendly study of the mechanisms of dyslexia and an overview of the current research on the disorder, in theoretical and practical terms. Its aim is to help teachers tackle one of the many challenges they face in the modern classroom: the organization of an effective foreign language teaching process for students with dyslexia.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Joanna Nijakowska.
- Second language acquisition
- 9781847692795 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 1847692796 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 9781847692801 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 184769280X (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9781847692818 (ebook)
- 1847692818 (ebook)