Coaching conversations : transforming your school one conversation at a time
- Linda Gross Cheliotes, Marceta Fleming Reilly ; foreword by Dennis Sparks.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 109 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .C54 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 103) and index.
- Dedication Acknowledgments About the Authors Foreword by Dennis Sparks Preface 1. Coaching Conversations: The Link to Change 2. The New Leadership Model 3. Committed Listening 4. Powerful Speaking 5. Reflective Feedback 6. Putting It All Together: A Way of Being Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412981835 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Being a successful school leader has become an increasingly complex role that demands not only tremendous craft knowledge and skills but also highly developed interpersonal skills. Coaching Conversations: Transforming Your School One Conversation at a Time is a basic handbook for school leaders that provides effective coaching conversational techniques to engage and motivate their school communities to work collaboratively toward total school transformation.Based on current research and the authors' extensive experiences, the bookaoffers anaeffective and inexpensive approach for facilitating transformation through the entire school community. Through practical, easy-to-learn, and easy-to-apply conversational techniques, school leaders can develop open and reflective conversations with all staff members.Coaching conversationsuidentified by the authors as different from supervisory and mentoring conversationsuhave the unique power to create positive changes in how people think and interact. The result is a shift in responsibility for instructional improvement from the school leader to every member of the school community. As everyone participates in the transformation of the school, the entire school community also shares in the celebration of successful changes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412981835 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412981835 (pbk.)
- 1412981832 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: