Differentiation at work, K-5 : principles, lessons, and strategies
- Lane Narvaez, Kay Brimijoin ; foreword by Carol Ann Tomlinson.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 224 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1031 .N355 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 218-219) and index.
- Foreword, by Carol Ann Tomlinson Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. Making Differentiation Successful for Students and Teachers 2. Coaching: Supporting Expertise in Differentiation 3. Designing Curriculum and Defining the KUD 4. The Critical Role of Preassessment 5. Management in the Differentiated Classroom 6. Primary Lessons Incorporating Tiered Lesson and ThinkDOTS Strategies 7. Intermediate Lessons Incorporating Tiered Lesson and RAFT Strategies 8. Differentiation and NCLB 9. Applications of the Model Resources References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412971317 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Every student has unique learning styles, interests, and preferences. By differentiating instruction, teachers can reach all the students in their classroom, from struggling students to the gifted. Based on research and the authors' experiences at one remarkable elementary school, "Differentiation at Work, K-5" describes what schoolwide differentiation looks like in real classrooms. Lane Narvaez and Kay Brimijoin show school administrators how differentiated instruction can be successfully implemented schoolwide and provide teachers with authentic tools for the classroom. Readers will find: nine sample lesson plans from a variety of disciplines and grade levels, with materials included; voices of teachers, students, and other members of the school community describing their experiences with differentiation; a chapter on supporting schoolwide implementation through coaching; preassessments to determine students' prior knowledge; strategies for designing and refining lessons; and, applications at the district level. This hands-on resource demonstrates how increased student achievement can become a reality when the entire school focuses on making differentiation work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412971317 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412971317 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412971314 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412971300 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412971306 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: