Literacies, the arts, and multimodality
- Urbana, Ill. : National Council of Teachers of English, c2010.
- Physical description
- x, 341 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LC149.5 .L48 2010
- Unknown LC149.5 .L48 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Multimodal literacies: an introduction / Jennifer Sanders, Peggy Albers
- Multimodality / Jerome C. Harste
- Saying "yes" to music: integrating opera into a literature study / Sharon Blecher and Gail Furline Burton
- Opening doors, unlocking writers: a classroom exploration of picture books with sound / Joanna Robertson
- Inventing a drama world as a place to learn: student discoveries while speaking and writing in role as fictional workers / Esther Cappon Gray with Susan A. Thetard
- Relationships between artistic and written composing / Jennifer Sanders
- Seeing, writing, and drawing the intangible: teaching with multiple literacies / Michelle Zoss, Richard Siegesmund, and Sherelle Jones Patisaul
- Reading art, reading lives: an interpretive study of the visual texts of urban English language arts students / Peggy Albers
- Reading illustrations: helping readers use pictorial text to construct meaning in picture books / Ray Martens ... [et al.]
- An arts-integrated unit: learning 21st century literacies while the teachers are on break / Beth Berghoff ... [et al.]
- Silencing stories: the triumphs and tensions of multimodal teaching and learning in an urban context / Adrienne Costello
- Toward a multimodal literacy pedagogy: digital video composing as 21st century literacy / Suzanne M. Miller
- Bringing filmmaking into the English language arts classroom / Bruce Robbins
- Digital literacies, aesthetics, and pedagogies involved in digital video production / Richard Beach and Thom Swiss.
- Publication date
- edited by Peggy Albers, Jennifer Sanders.
- Title Variation
- Literacies, the arts, & multimodality
- 9780814132142 (pbk.)
- 0814132146 (pbk.)