Psychology for the classroom : constructivism and social learning
- Alan Pritchard and John Woollard.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 106 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Psychology for the classroom series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1590.3 .P77 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 96-104) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgements 1. Introduction 2. Research - evidence drawn from current, recent and past practice 3. Theory - the precepts of social constructivism and social learning theory 4. Pedagogy - the rules, principles and theories that guide current practice 5. Strategies References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Psychology for the Classroom: Constructivism and Social Learning provides a lively introduction to the much debated topics of talk and group collaboration in classrooms, and the development of interactive approaches to teaching. The authors provide a background to research in constructivist and social learning theory, offering a broad and practical analysis which focuses on contemporary issues and strategies, including the use of e-learning and multimedia. Throughout the book theory is linked with its practical implications for everyday teaching and learning and chapters incorporate: the history of constructivist and social learning theory and key thinkers pedagogical implications practical strategies for the classroom constructivist theory and e-learning. Case studies and vignettes demonstrating best practice are used throughout the text, illustrating how monitored collaboration between learners can result in an effective learning environment where targets are met. Essential reading for practising teachers and students, this book is a valuable guide for those looking to provide effective teaching and learning within a constructivist framework.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Psychology for the classroom series
- "A David Fulton Book"--Cover.
- 9780415494809 (pbk.)
- 041549480X (pbk.)
- 9780415494793 (hbk.)
- 0415494796 (hbk.)
- 9780203855171 (ebk.)
- 0203855175 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: