The practice of qualitative research
- Sharlene Nagy Hesse-Biber, Patricia Leavy.
- 2nd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2011.
- Physical description
- xx, 400 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|H62 .H478 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 365-381) and index.
- Part I. Qualitative Practice 1. An Invitation to Qualitative Research 2. Approaches to Qualitative Research 3. Designing Qualitative Approaches to Research 4. Ethics of Social Research Part II. Methods of Data Collection 5. In-Depth Interview 6. Oral History 7. Focus Group Interviews 8. Ethnography 9. Content Analysis and Unobtrusive Methods 10. Case Study 11. Mixed Methods Part III. Analysis and Interpretation 12. Analysis and Interpretation 13. The Writing and Representation of Qualitative Research 14. The Research Nexus.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412974578 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides undergraduate and beginning graduate students with a 'hands on' introduction to qualitative research methods through the use of in-depth examples and out-of-class exercises. Rather than de-linking theory from methods and presenting students with a laundry-list of methods like so many texts do, "The Practice of Qualitative Research" provides readers with the link between theory and methods throughout the book. Starting with how to develop a good research question, the authors carefully show the nuts and bolts of data collection (including issues of sampling, validity, reliability and ethics), the multiplicity of considerations (and, how to sort through them) during research design, the how-to's of each major qualitative approach, and conclude with data analysis, interpretation, and reporting. "The Practice of Qualitative Research" is designed for upper-level undergraduate and graduate level courses that introduce the student to Qualitative Research. The book provides coverage on the foundations of qualitative research, the methods used in doing the research and how you analyze the data and present it.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412974578 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781412974578 (pbk.)
- 1412974577 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: