Putting writing research into practice : applications for teacher professional development
- edited by Gary A. Troia, Rebecca K. Shankland, Anne Heintz.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 317 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2369 .P87 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Troia, Shankland, Heintz, Introduction. Part I: Addressing Complexities Facing Schools and Educators. Olinghouse, Zheng, Reed , Preparing Students for Large-Scale Writing Assessments: Research-Based Recommendations. MacArthur, Karchmer-Klein, Web 2.0: New Opportunities for Writing. Troia, Shankland, Wolbers, Reluctant Writers and Their Teachers: Changing Self-Efficacy Beliefs through Lesson Study. Part II: Working with Subject-Area Genres. Certo, Apol, Wibbens, Yoon, Teaching Poetry Writing Pre K-12: A Review of Research and Suggested Directions for Teacher Practice and Development. Norton-Meier, Tippett, Hand, Yore, Professional Development in Teaching Disciplinary Writing in the Context of International Science Reform Efforts. Okolo, Englert, Heutsche, Courtad, Bouck, VanEgmond, Preparing Educators for the Challenges of Teaching Students to Write Like Historians. Part III: Working with Specific Groups of Writers. Roberts, Wibbens, Writing First: Preparing the Teachers of Our Youngest Writers. Lindquist, Hart-Davidson, Grabill, Making Composing Visible: A Study of First-Year College Writers' Distributed Invention Practices. Page-Voth, Effective Professional Development for Teachers of Struggling Writers. Part IV: Critical Reflections on Teaching Writing and Professional Development. Juzwik, Challenges and Possibilities for Professional Development in Writing Instruction: Connecting Contemporary Writing Teachers with Insights from Diverse Research on Writing. Smagorinsky, Teaching Writing in the Age of Accountability: Reflections from the Academy.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This unique volume combines the latest writing research with clear-cut recommendations for designing high-quality professional development efforts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Much of the work represented in this volume was presented at the symposium hosted by Michigan State University's Literacy Achievement Research Center (LARC) in 2007.
- 9781606236284 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1606236288 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781606236277 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 160623627X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: