CLIL in Spain : implementation, results and teacher training
- edited by David Lasagabaster and Yolanda Ruiz de Zarobe.
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Pub., 2010.
- Physical description
- xvii, 299 p. : ill., map ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
P57 .S6 C55 2010
- Unknown P57 .S6 C55 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- 'This book makes a significant and very timely contribution to furthering professional understanding of CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning). The first part brings together the outcomes of CLIL implementation initiatives in different educational sectors in Spain which reflect regional possibilities and priorities. The second part takes a critical look at a variety of teacher education models, both in-service and pre-service. Linking classroom initiatives with teacher education underlines the importance of addressing this often neglected or ignored area. Quite simply, without appropriate teacher education programs, the full potential of CLIL is unlikely to be realised and the approach would be unsustainable. This publication provides the reader with practical suggestions and raises issues for further reflection. The contributors have embraced the 'educational challenge' and, in doing so, have made a significant contribution to disseminating CLIL practice across Europe and further afield by raising issues and questions which need to be addressed through future class-based inquiry and scientific research. The collection of case studies is also a celebration of the hard work, endeavour and constant drive by practitioners, teacher educators and researchers to give our young people the best linguistically-rich learning experiences they can possibly have throughout their schooling and further studies' - Professor Do Coyle, University of Aberdeen.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Content and language integrated learning in Spain
- 9781443818575 (hbk.)
- 1443818577 (hbk.)