The by-stander; or, Universal Weekly expositor
- by A Literary Association.
- London : Printed for the Association, and sold by : H. Thomas, at their Office, under the Piazza, Covent-Garden, MDCCXC. 
- Physical description
- , ii, ii, 409,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|PR4549 .D3 B9 1790||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Universal weekly expositor
- Reprint of the 26 weekly numbers of a periodical which was published (15 Aug 1789-6 Feb 1790) in the interest of Charles Dibdin and edited by him; the 52 leaves of music are 26 songs set by Dibdin, probably originally one per number; includes a prefatory "Advertisement" (p.¹[i]-ii) and "Contents" (p²[i]-ii); each issue includes a "Weekly Retrospect" by "Drub" and there are recurring columns: "Letters" (a history of literature by Dibdin), "Essayist," "Stage, " "Novelist, " "Lyrist."
- Crane and Kaye 84.
- Graham, W. Eng. lit. period. p.186-187n.
- ESTC (BL), P2527.
- Stanford copy 1 (FELT): Binding: quarter tan leather, multi-colored marbled boards.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: