Zing! : seven creativity practices for educators and students
- Mora, Pat.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 140 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LB1025.3 .M663 2010
- Unknown LB1025.3 .M663 2010
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Acknowledgments About the Author Welcome! Bienvenido! 1. Value Your Creative Self Value Each Student's Creative Talents 2. Enjoy Quiet Create Quiet Spaces for Students 3. Gather Your Materials Motivate Students to Gather Their Materials 4. Begin Your Project Assist Students to Begin Their Projects 5. Revise Support Students With Revision 6. Share Your Creations Create Sharing Opportunities for Students 7. Steadily Persist in Your Creative Work Motivate Students to Persevere Hope/Esperanza Suggested Reading Other Books by Pat Mora.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Pat Mora, an award-winning poet and author and a frequent guest speaker in schools, colleges, and libraries, has lead popular workshops on literacy and teacher creativity. Her workshop, Nurturing Creativity: Seven Practices for Educators and Students provided the foundation for this book as a response to numerous requests from teachers who were driven by the need to express themselves creatively and to nurture the creativity of their students. Each practice for nurturing personal creativity has a corollary practice for nurturing student creativity. Throughout the book, Mora reaffirms her conviction that creative teachers are more effective teachers and emphasizes that every child's creative self must be valued-regardless of a child's cultural and linguistic background. Written in the form of letters to teachers, "Zing! Seven Creativity Practices for Educators and Students" is a moving and inspirational volume that serves as a reminder to teachers that their work is important and that they are, indeed, community leaders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pat Mora.
- Title Variation
- Seven creativity practices for educators and students
- 7 creativity practices for educators and students
- 9781412978392 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412978394 (pbk. : alk. paper)