A teacher's guide to education law
- Michael Imber and Tyll van Geel.
- 4th ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 349 p. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|KF4119.85 .I46 2010||Unknown|
- Preface 1. Understanding Education Law 2. Curriculum 3. Student Freedom of Expression 4. Student Discipline 5. Equal Educational Opportunity: Race and Gender 6. Students with Special Needs 7. Federal Constitutional and Statutory Rights of Teachers 8. Teacher Employment 9. Collective Bargaining, Unions, and Teacher Contracts 10. Torts. The Constitution of the United States of America. Table of Cases. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415994637 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This clearly written text, which is adapted from its parent volume, Education Law, Fourth edition, provides a concise introduction to topics in education law that are most relevant to teachers. The greater the likelihood of litigation or error in a particular area of professional practice the more extensive the discussion. Topics concerning teacher relationships with their students include: student rights, discipline, negligence, discrimination, and special education. Topics concerning teacher relationships with their employers include: teacher rights, hiring and firing, contracts, unions, collective bargaining, and tenure. All chapters have been updated to include the case law and legislation of the past five years, and the index contains almost 200 more entries than in the third edition. Because it is concise and affordable, A Teacher's Guide to Education Law can be used in a variety of courses or in professional seminars dealing with teachers and the law, including any course within a teacher education program that is devoted solely or partly to the legal issues that concern teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415994637 20160604
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780415994637 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415994632 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780415875776 (alk. paper)
- 0415875773 (alk. paper)
- 9780203859889 (ebk.)
- 020385988X (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: