Fang [videorecording] : an epic journey
- a film by Susan Vogel.
- [S.l.] : Prince Street Pictures ; Brooklyn, NY : [Distributed by] Icarus Films, c2001.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (8 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- "This is a work of fiction but everything in it is based on real events." About the journey of an African sculpture, beginning in Cameroon in 1904. The film then traces what happens to the sculpture in Paris in 1907 and 1917, Berlin in 1933, and New York in 1948. The sculpture finally ends up in a museum in 1970.
- Publication date
- "A hundred years of history in 8 minutes"--Front of container.
- Originally produced in 2001 by New York University, Tisch School of Arts, Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film & TV.
- "Graduate film."
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Alex Kondracke; assistant director, Imogen Thomas; art director, Chris Mueller, Louisa Thompson; producer, Ed De Carbo.
- Robert Pemberton, Jean-Paul Colleyn, Ron Street, Jon Shaver.
- Recorded DVD (NSTC, all regions).
Browse related items
Start at call number: