The clinical practice of educational therapy : a teaching model
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 362 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB1051 .C55 2010
- Unknown LB1051 .C55 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. The Dynamic of Educational Therapy: Theoretical Framework and Model, Maxine Ficksman & Jane Utley Adelizzi 2. Developmental Stages of the Educational Therapy Process, Karen Kass 3. Educational Therapy's Ancestry and Migration, Gail Werbach, Barbara Kornblau & Carole Slucki Perspectives on the Clinical Practice of Educational Therapy 4. Empathic Intelligence in Educational Therapy: An International Perspective, Roslyn Arnold 5. Educational Therapy Across the Lifespan: The Case of Amy, Maxine Ficksman 6. Sitting at The Table: Accommodating Diagnoses and Approach in Educational Therapy, Jane Utley Adelizzi 7. Multilingual College Students with Learning Disabilities, Patricia Mytkowicz 8. Adults in Educational Therapy: A Triage Approach, Linda Lawton Perspectives on Assessment and Intervention in Educational Therapy 9. Applying an Executive Function Framework in Educational Therapy, George McCloskey & Lori Lennon 10. From Assessment to Intervention in Educational Therapy, Phyllis Koppelman 11. Story Links: Using Therapeutic Storywriting with Parents and Pupils Who Are at Risk of Exclusion, Patricia Waters 12. Explicit, Systematic Reading Strategies: The Educational Therapist in Practice, Nancy Cushen White Case Management & Navigating Multi-Systems 13. The Management of a Private Practice in Educational Therapy, Ann Kaganoff 14. Ethics and Etiquette in Educational Therapy: Recurrent Ethical Issues in Professional Practice, by Susan Fogelson and Ellen Opell 15. The Collaboration Between Educational Therapy and Mental Health Professionals: Case Study Analyses, Beverly Metcalf, Mickey Ashmun & Natalie O'Byrne Future Perspectives and Research in Educational Therapy 16. Workplace Issues of College-Educated Adults with Learning Disabilities, Diane Goss 17. The Efficacy of Educational Therapy: Research Analysis, Phyllis Maslow and Dorothy Ungerleider 18. The Voice of Educational Therapy for the Future: An Integrative Analysis, Marcy Dann, Jane Utley Adelizzi & Maxine Ficksman.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Clinical Practice of Educational Therapy is the first book to provide a comprehensive review of the interdisciplinary profession and practice of educational therapy as it exists today. It describes the scope and practice of educational therapy from its European roots to its growing presence in the United States, and provides case studies to illustrate the work of educational therapists. Key Features: Interdisciplinary Perspective - Other books focus on either educational or therapeutic interventions but rarely discuss the blend and synergy of disciplines that are the hallmark of the profession. Illustrative Cases - The text draws heavily on case studies as a means of understanding the practice of educational therapy, especially the relationship between therapist and client. Expertise - Chapter authors are either experienced educational therapists or allied professionals who have made scholarly contributions to the profession, such as Dorothy Ungerleider, Patricia Waters, Roslyn Arnold, and George McCloskey. In addition to educational therapy students and practitioners, this book is appropriate for those working in related fields including special education, school psychology, school counseling, and social work in educational settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Maxine Ficksman, Jane Utley Adelizzi.
- 9780415998574 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 0415998573 (pbk : alk. paper)
- 9780415998567 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 0415998565 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9780203855492 (ebk : alk. paper)
- 0203855493 (ebk : alk. paper)