Assessing middle and high school mathematics and science : differentiating formative assessment
- Sheryn Spencer Waterman.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye On Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 131 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA11.2 .W374 2010||Unknown|
- Waterman, Sheryn Spencer.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 129-131).
- TABLE OF CONTENTS Meet the Author Preface 1. Differentiating Formative Assessment What is Differentiation? Why Differentiate Assessment? How Can We Link Assessment that Teachers Differentiate with Theories of Learning? More... 2. Mastery-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments New American Lecture Direct Instruction Graduated Difficulty Teams-Games-Tournaments More... 3. Understanding-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Compare and Contrast Reading for Meaning Concept Attainment Problem-Based Learning More... 4. Self-Expressive-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Inductive Learning Metaphorical Expression Pattern Maker 5. Interpersonal-Based Differentiated Formative Assessments Reciprocal Learning Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Jigsaw More... 6. Four Style Differentiated Formative Assessments Window Notes Circle of Knowledge/Seminar Do You Hear What I Hear? More...
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671492 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- For middle and high school teachers of mathematics and science, this book is filled with examples of instructional strategies that address students' readiness levels, interests, and learning preferences. It shows teachers how to formatively assess their students by addressing differentiated learning targets. Included are detailed examples of differentiated formative assessment schedules, plus tips on how to collaborate with others to improve assessment processes. Teachers will learn how to adjust instruction for the whole class, for small groups, and for individuals. They will also uncover step-by-step procedures for creating their own lessons infused with opportunities to formatively assess students who participate in differentiated learning activities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671492 20160604
- Publication date
- 9781596671492 (pbk.)
- 1596671491 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: