Work integrated learning : a guide to effective practice
- Lesley Cooper, Janice Orrell and Margaret Bowden.
- 1st ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 221 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1037 .C66 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -210) and index.
- Acknowledgements The Authors Introduction 1. The New Higher Education Enterprise 2. A Conceptual Framework For Work Integrated Learning 3. Working To Learn, Learning To Work 4. Teaching In Work Integrated Learning 5. Assessing Work Integrated Learning 6. Supervision 7. Managing Difficult Situations 8. The Work Integrated Learning Process Appendix 1: Workplace Literacies - Knowledge, Skills And Attributes Appendix 2: Specific Risks And Difficulties Encountered In The Workplace Glossary References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415556774 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- The demand for work-ready graduates, who are familiar with organizational practices in the workplace is increasing, and so the need for greater work integrated learning (WIL) is a growing concern for the education sector. With the globalization of higher education and the cultural and linguistic challenges this brings, WIL has become a core strategic issue for many organizations. Examining WIL as a process of integration between workplaces, higher education institutions, government, business and industry, this book includes: Strategies for managing work integrated learning experiences The what, when, where, why and who of WIL across professions Advice on building relationships between higher education and the workplace Guidance on preparing learners effectively for work Practical case studies from firsthand experience Direct information and instruction on the use of WIL Work Integrated Learning is a practical guide that can be used by the education sector and employers alike. An integrated resource, applicable to all involved in work integrated learning, it will also appeal to pro-Vice Chancellors of teaching and learning, WIL coordinators, careers services, and all those involved with standards and competency.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415556774 20160604
- Career education.
- Publication date
- 9780415556774 (pbk.)
- 0415556775 (pbk.)
- 9780415556767 (hbk.)
- 0415556767 (hbk.)
- 9780203854501 (ebk.)
- 0203854500 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: