- Robert Davis, Frank O'Hagan.
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 242 p. ; 25 cm.
- Continuum library of educational thought ; v. 25.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB675 .O94252 D38 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -235) and index.
- Series Editor's Preface-- Foreword-- Acknowledgements-- Introduction-- Part I Intellectual Biography-- 1. Robert Owen: Industrialist and Reformer-- Part II Critical Exposition of Owen's Work-- 2. Key Principles of Owen's Educational Thought and Practice-- 3. Education, Work and Community-- 4. The Education of Citizens in the Just Society-- Part III The Influence and Relevance of Owen's Work Today-- 5. The Ambivalent Legacy of Robert Owen: Utopianism and Rationality-- 6. Education, World Heritage and Social Change: New Lanark as an Educational Experience-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847061041 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This title offers the most coherent account of Owen's educational thought. Robert Owen is indisputably a major thinker in education. Bob Davis and Frank O'Hagan's volume offers the most coherent account of Owen's educational thought. This work is divided into: Intellectual Biography; Critical Exposition of Owen's Work; and, The Influence and Relevance of Owen's Work Today. This title comes from a major international reference series providing comprehensive accounts of the work of seminal educational thinkers from a variety of periods, disciplines and traditions. It is the most ambitious and prestigious such project ever published - a definitive resource for at least a generation. The thinkers include: Aquinas, Aristotle, Bourdieu, Bruner, Dewey, Foucault, Freire, Holt, Kant, Locke, Montessori, Neill, Newman, Owen, Peters, Piaget, Plato, Rousseau, Steiner, Vygotsky, West and Wollstonecraft.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847061041 20160604
- Publication date
- Continuum library of educational thought ; v. 25
- 9781847061041 (hardback)
- 1847061044 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: