Brown in Baltimore : school desegregation and the limits of liberalism
- Howell S. Baum.
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 274 p. : maps ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC214.23 .B35 B38 2010||Unknown|
- Baum, Howell S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An American border city
- A long black campaign for equality
- Opening the racial door slightly
- Desegregation by free choice
- Modest change
- Parents' protest against continuing segregation
- Growing integrationism and the murder of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Federal intervention
- Federal officials, the school board, and parents negotiate
- The city's court victory.
- Publication date
- 9780801448089 (cloth)
- 0801448085 (cloth)
- 9780801476525 (paper)
- 0801476526 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: