International encyclopedia of education
- 3rd ed. / editors-in-chief, Penelope Peterson, Eva Baker, Barry McGaw.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Academic Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- 8 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.1||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.2||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.3||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.4||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.5||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.6||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.7||In-library use|
|LB15 .I569 2010 V.8||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The field of education has experienced extraordinary technological, societal, and institutional change in recent years, making it one of the most fascinating yet complex fields of study in social science. Unequalled in its combination of authoritative scholarship and comprehensive coverage, International Encyclopedia of Education, Third Edition succeeds two highly successful previous editions (1985, 1994) in aiming to encapsulate research in this vibrant field for the twenty-first century reader. Under development for five years, this work encompasses over 1,000 articles across 24 individual areas of coverage, and is expected to become the dominant resource in the field. Education is a multidisciplinary and international field drawing on a wide range of social sciences and humanities disciplines, and this new edition comprehensively matches this diversity. The diverse background and multidisciplinary subject coverage of the Editorial Board ensure a balanced and objective academic framework, with 1,500 contributors representing over 100 countries, capturing a complete portrait of this evolving field. * A totally new work, revamped with a wholly new editorial board, structure and brand-new list of meta-sections and articles* Developed by an international panel of editors and authors drawn from senior academia* Web-enhanced with supplementary multimedia audio and video files, hotlinked to relevant references and sources for further study* Incorporates ca. 1,350 articles, with timely coverage of such topics as technology and learning, demography and social change, globalization, and adult learning, to name a few * Offers two content delivery options - print and online - the latter of which provides anytime, anywhere access for multiple users and superior search functionality via ScienceDirect, as well as multimedia content, including audio and video files.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780080448930 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780080448930 (set)
- 0080448933 (set)
- 008044895X (v. 1 : cased)
- 9780080448954 (v. 1 : cased)
- 0080448968 (v. 2 : cased)
- 9780080448961 (v. 2 : cased)
- 0080448976 (v. 3 : cased)
- 9780080448978 (v. 3 : cased)
- 0080448984 (v. 4 : cased)
- 9780080448985 (v. 4 : cased)
- 0080448992 (v. 5 : cased)
- 9780080448992 (v. 5 : cased)
- 9780080449005 (v. 6 : cased)
- 008044900X (v. 6 : cased)
- 0080449018 (v. 7 : cased)
- 9780080449012 (v. 7 : cased)
- 0080449026 (v. 8 : cased)
- 9780080449029 (v. 8 : cased)
Browse related items
Start at call number: