Globalisation and tertiary education in the Asia-Pacific : the changing nature of a dynamic market
- editors, Christopher Findlay, William G. Tierney.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ : World Scientific, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii 308 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA1058 .G56 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The Asia-Pacific Education Market and Modes of Supply-- International Student Movements and the Effects of Barriers to Trade in Higher Education Services-- Cross-Border Higher Education: Quality Assurance and Accreditation Issues and Implications-- Demography, Migration and Demand for International Students-- Business Models in Asia-Pacific Transnational Higher Education-- Forms of Privatisation: Globalisation and the Changing Nature of Tertiary Education-- Research and Collaboration in an Expanding Higher Education Market in Asia-Pacific: The Experiences of Malaysian Universities-- Challenges and Opportunities in the In-Employment Education Market: A Singapore Perspective-- Japanese Higher Education: Seeking Adaptive Efficiency in a Mature Sector-- Transnational Higher Education in China.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814299039 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- The rapid development and adoption of technology along with open economies has created an integrated global economy. The globalisation process has brought with it significant changes in all areas of life, including tertiary education. This book outlines the features of the new wave of globalisation and draws out specific trends and challenges associated with this new wave for universities and policy makers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789814299039 20160604
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: