The school leadership triangle : from compliance to innovation
- Kimmelman, Paul.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxi, 148 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB2805 .K51655 2010
- Unknown LB2805 .K51655 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 139-142) and index.
- Foreword by M. Rene Islas Preface Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction 1. Compliance Author Note Introduction Why Pass NCLB? Calls for Reform Prior to NCLB Some Additional Reports - Post-NCLB Summary Discussion Activity Questions How Can Teachers and Government Build a Relationship to Achieve World-Class Standards? by Sir Michael Barber 2. Leadership Introduction History of Leadership Theories Summary A Transformation of Education Leadership Training Programs for School Leaders Summary Discussion Activity Questions 3. Innovation Introduction The Innovation Process An Education Innovation Process Framework Summary Some Innovations Currently Being Used in Education Summary Discussion Activity Questions 4. Final Thoughts and Conclusions Compliance Leadership Innovation Discussion Activity Questions Final Words, by Gina Burkhardt Appendix A: Biographies of Contributors Appendix B: List of Interviewees References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Paul Kimmelman captures a unique vision for school improvement that is based on the intersection of federal policy compliance, effective leadership, and innovation. While educational leaders must be responsive to federal policy mandates, compliance with federal policy alone won't guarantee school improvement. In Kimmelman's view, effective leadership and innovation are essential ingredients for meaningful systemic improvement. "The School Leadership Triangle: From Compliance to Innovation" provides leadership teams with a solid foundation for discussing the key issues that can lead to substantive improvements in their schools and districts while addressing the challenges of federal laws.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Paul L. Kimmelman ; foreword by M. René Islas.
- 9781412978040 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412978041 (pbk. : alk. paper)