Grand piano [sound recording]
- Willie "the Lion" Smith ... [et al.].
- Toronto : Sackville Recordings, 2004.
- Physical description
- 2 compact discs : digital ; 12 cm.
At the library
- CD one program. I've found a new baby (4:08) ; Porter's love song to a chambermaid (4:45) ; I would do anything for you (5:15) ; Some of these days (5:02) ; Just you, just me (3:43) ; Everybody loves my baby (5:00) ; Can't we be friends (4:16) ; You took advantage of me (4:06) ; Keepin' out of mischief now (5:04) ; Sweet Georgia Brown (3:32) (Willie (the Lion) Smith ; Don Ewell)
- Indiana (2:33) ; Sugar (3:27) ; If I could be with you one hour tonight (2:45) ; Crazy fingers (1:57) ; You took advantage of me (3:39) ; Late evening blues (3:47) (Claude Hopkins).
- CD two program. Safari stomp (3:49) ; New Orleans (5:01) ; You're driving me crazy (3:46) ; Memphis blues (3:18) ; Who's sorry now (2:54) (Claude Hopkins)
- Easy living (3:33) ; Robbins nest (4:05) ; Memories of you (4:40) ; Ain't misbehavin' (4:54) ; 'Round midnight (5:23) ; Happy boogie (2:57) ; Portrait of a piano (4:51) ; You go to my head (5:54) ; Spring can really hang you up the most (6:03) ; All the things you are (5:35) ; Samo blues (3:35) (Sir Charles Thompson).
- Release date
- Production date
- Includes Some of these days by Shelton Brooks, Canadian.
- Willie "The Lion" Smith ; Sir Charles Thompson ; Claude Hopkins ; Don Ewell, pianos.
- Recorded at RCA Studio, Toronto, Feb. 20, 1967 (CD 1. 1st-10th works), at Thunder Sound, Toronto, May 13, 1972 (CD 1. 11th-16th works, CD 2. 1st-5th works) and at McClear Place Studio, Toronto, Mar. 18, 1984 (CD 2. 6th-16th works).
- Publisher Number
- SK2CD-5011 Sackville Recordings
Browse related items
Start at call number: