The savvy superintendent : leading instruction to the top of the class
- Linda K. Wagner ; edited by Bert S. Friedman.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 143 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2831.72 .W34 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 131-133).
- Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 The First Year Chapter 3 Leadership Characteristics Chapter 4 The Governance Team Chapter 5 Personnel Chapter 6 Instructional Leadership Chapter 7 Assessment and Accountability Chapter 8 Equity.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Savvy Superintendent examines the art of district leadership from the perspective of top practitioners in the field of education. Insights and comments from in-depth interviews with over fifty current and former successful superintendents-including American Association of School Administrators (AASA) Superintendents of the Year and runners up for the award-are woven throughout the narrative to exemplify best-in-class, real-world applications of the behaviors, attitudes, and attributes that great instructional leaders employ as they carry out their most important work: instructional leadership. This book provides practical, hands-on advice for school district superintendents. It is designed to provide needed but rarely taught ideas, insights, and information that superintendents can use to incorporate effective practices into their own school districts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Published in partnership with the American Association of School Administrators."
- 9781607097204 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607097206 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607097211 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607097214 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607097228 (electronic)
- 1607097222 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: