The papers of James Madison [electronic resource] : digital edition
- J.C.A. Stagg, editor.
- Alpha version.
- [Charlottesville, Va.] : University of Virginia Press.
- Congressional series (1751-1801)
- Secretary of State series (1801-1805)
- Presidential series (1809-1813)
- Retirement series (1817-1820).
- ["The Papers of James Madison documents the life and work of one of the most important political and constitutional thinkers in our nation's history. As chief author of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, secretary of state during the Louisiana Purchase, and the fourth president of the United States, Madison played a central role in the American founding and the growth of the early Republic. This online resource contains all of the content of the print edition and adds to this a powerful XML-based search functionality, linked cross-references, and the ability to navigate chronologically or by series volume."]
- Madison, James, 1751-1836 > Sources.
- Madison, James, 1751-1836 > Correspondence.
- Madison, James, 1751-1836 > Manuscripts.
- Presidents > United States > Sources.
- Presidents > United States > Correspondence.
- Presidents > United States > Manuscripts.
- Virginia > History > Sources.
- United States > Politics and government > 1783-1809 > Sources.
- United States > Politics and government > 1809-1817 > Sources.
- Database topics
- American History
- Beginning date
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2010.
- Title from title screen (viewed June 8, 2010).
- Access restricted to subscribing institutions.
- Funding Information
- Rotunda editions are made possible by generous grants from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the President's Office of the University of Virginia.
- American founding era collection