Anatomy & physiology
- Elaine N. Marieb, Katja Hoehn.
- 4th ed.
- Boston : Benjamin Cummings, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 1023 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- I. ORGANIZATION OF THE BODY 1.The Human Body: An Orientation 2. Chemistry Comes Alive 3. Cells: The Living Units 4. Tissues: The Living Fabric II. COVERING, SUPPORT, AND MOVEMENT OF THE BODY 5. The Integumentary System 6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues 7. The Skeleton 8. Joints 9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue 10. The Muscular System III. REGULATION AND INTEGRATION OF THE BODY 11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System and Nervous Tissue 12. The Central Nervous System 13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity 14. The Autonomic Nervous System 15. The Endocrine System IV. MAINTENANCE OF THE BODY 16. Blood 17. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart 18. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels 19. The Lymphatic System and Lymphoid Organs and Tissues 20. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive Body Defenses 21. The Respiratory System 22. The Digestive System 23. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature Regulation 24. The Urinary System 25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Based Balance V. CONTINUITY 26. The Reproductive System.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321616401 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Anatomy & Physiology, Fourth Edition answers the demand for a leaner version of Elaine Marieb and Katja Hoehn's top-selling Human Anatomy & Physiology. This streamlined text has removed coverage of pregnancy, heredity, and the developmental aspects of various body systems, while keeping basic themes such as homeostatic imbalances strategically in place. Marieb draws on her career as an A&P professor and her experience as a part-time nursing student, while Hoehn relies on her medical education and classroom experience to explain concepts and processes in a meaningful and memorable way. The most significant revision to date, the Fourth Edition makes it easier for you to learn key concepts in A&P. The new edition features a whole new art program that is not only more visually dynamic and vibrant than in previous editions but is also much more pedagogically effective for today's students, including new Focus figures, which guide you through the toughest concepts in A&P. The book has been edited to make it easier than ever to study from and navigate, with integrated objectives, new concept check questions, and a new design program. Note: This is the standalone book if you want the book/CD order the ISBN below 0321615875 / 9780321615879 Anatomy & Physiology with Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite Package consists of 0321616405 / 9780321616401 Anatomy & Physiology 0805361170 / 9780805361179 Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite CD-ROM 080537373X / 9780805373738 Brief Atlas of the Human Body, A.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780321616401 20160604
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Anatomy and physiology
- Previous ed.: 2008.
- Includes index.
- 9780321616401 (Student edition)
- 0321616405 (Student edition)
- 9780321661708 (Professional copy)
- 0321661702 (Professional copy)
- 9780321616041 (Student edition)
Browse related items
Start at call number: