Violence and security on campus : from preschool through college
- James Alan Fox and Harvey Burstein.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 271 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013.3 .F69 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- In Violence and Security on Campus: From Preschool through College two expert authors take an evidence-based look at this important issue, dispelling myths and misconceptions about the problem and offering appropriate responses to it. Their book examines patterns, trends, correlations, and causes of violence, crime, and disorder in diverse educational settings, from elementary schools through colleges and universities. It reviews data and research evidence related to forms of violence, from bullying to murder, and it explores the varied security concerns that confront schools of different levels. In addition to describing the nature and extent of the school violence problem, which is often divergent from media reports, the authors point to other security issues that need to be considered and addressed by administrators and security personnel. Finally, they assess a variety of policy responses and security solutions-some popular yet ineffective, some challenging yet promising-offering advice that will enhance the security of any institution of learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313362682 20160604
- Publication date
- 9780313362682 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0313362688 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780313362699 (ebk.)
- 0313362696 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: