- Ajoy Kumar Kundu.
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical description
- xlii, 606 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Cambridge aerospace series ; 27.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TL671.2 .K76 2010||Unknown|
- Kundu, Ajoy Kumar, 1932-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 591-599) and index.
- 1. Introduction-- 2. Methodology to aircraft design, market survey and airworthiness-- 3. Aerodynamic considerations-- 4. Classification, statistics and choices for configuration-- 5. Aircraft load-- 6. Aircraft configuration-- 7. Undercarriage-- 8. Aircraft weight and CG estimation-- 9. Drag-- 10. Aircraft power plant-- 11. Aircraft sizing and engine matching-- 12. Stability consideration-- 13. Aircraft performance-- 14. Computational fluid dynamics-- 15. Miscellaneous design considerations-- 16. Aircraft cost considerations-- 17. Aircraft manufacturing considerations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521885164 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Aircraft Design explores fixed winged aircraft design at the conceptual phase of a project. Designing an aircraft is a complex multifaceted process embracing many technical challenges in a multidisciplinary environment. By definition, the topic requires intelligent use of aerodynamic knowledge to configure aircraft geometry suited specifically to the customer's demands. It involves estimating aircraft weight and drag and computing the available thrust from the engine. The methodology shown here includes formal sizing of the aircraft, engine matching, and substantiating performance to comply with the customer's demands and government regulatory standards. Associated topics include safety issues, environmental issues, material choice, structural layout, understanding flight deck, avionics, and systems (for both civilian and military aircraft). Cost estimation and manufacturing considerations are also discussed. The chapters are arranged to optimize understanding of industrial approaches to aircraft design methodology. Example exercises from the author's industrial experience dealing with a typical aircraft design are included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521885164 20160604
- Publication date
- Cambridge aerospace series ; 27
- 9780521885164 (hbk.)
- 0521885167 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: