Promoting executive function in the classroom
- Lynn Meltzer.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 252 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .M397 2010||Unknown|
- Meltzer, Lynn.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-246) and index.
- Part 1. Understanding Executive Function: The Challenge for 21st-Century Teachers. L. Meltzer, Understanding, Assessing and Teaching Executive Function Processes: The Why, What, and How. L. Meltzer, S. Basho, Creating a Classroomwide Executive Function Culture That Fosters Strategy Use, Motivation, and Resilience. Part 2. Scaffolding Executive Function Processes into the Curriculum Content. K. Krishnan, M. J. Feller, M. Orkin, Goal Setting, Planning, and Prioritizing: The Foundations of Effective Learning. K. Krishnan, M. J. Feller, Organizing: The Heart of Efficient and Successful Learning. D. M. Kincaid, N. Trautman, Remembering: Teaching Students How to Retain and Mentally Manipulate Information. L. Meltzer, J. S. Bagnato, Shifting and Flexible Problem Solving: The Anchors for Academic and Life Success. J. S. Bagnato, L. Meltzer, Self-Monitoring and Self-Checking: The Cornerstones of Independent Learning. J. A. Stein, Emotional Self-Regulation: A Critical Component of Executive Function. Part 3. Case Studies: Addressing Executive Function Weaknesses Across the Grades, Lena Hannus-Suksi, Laura Sales Pollica, Wendy Stacey, Melissa J. Feller, and Jason Bendezu. Appendix: Reproducibles for the Classroom.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236161 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Accessible and practical, this book helps teachers incorporate executive function processes-such as planning, organizing, prioritizing, and self-checking-into the classroom curriculum. Chapters provide effective strategies for optimizing what K-12 students learn by improving how they learn. Noted authority Lynn Meltzer and her research associates present a wealth of easy-to-implement assessment tools, teaching techniques and activities, and planning aids. Featuring numerous whole-class ideas and suggestions, the book also shows how to differentiate instruction for students with learning or attention difficulties. Case examples illustrate individualized teaching strategies and classroom accommodations. More than a dozen reproducibles are included; the large-size format facilitates photocopying and day-to-day reference. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236161 20160604
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781606236161 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606236164 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: