Choreographing creativity : teaching as artistic and technical within the curriculum of composition
- Jennifer Lynne Bird.
- Lanham, Md : University Press of America, 2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 168 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1065 .B49 2010||Unknown|
- Bird, Jennifer L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -161) and index.
- Chapter 1 Preface Chapter 2 Acknowledgements Chapter 3 Act I: Choreography of a Journey Chapter 4 Act II: Switchback Chapter 5 Act III: Choreographing Narratives Chapter 6 Act IV, Scene 1: Take a Risk Chapter 7 Act IV, Scene 2: Finding My Orbit Chapter 8 Act IV, Scene 3: My Journey Chapter 9 Act IV, Scene 4: Is Teaching Really Your Thing Chapter 10 Act IV, Scene 5: One Teacher's Philosophy Chapter 11 Act IV, Scene 6: If These Walls Could Talk Chapter 12 Act IV, Scene 7: Making the Decision Chapter 13 Act IV, Scene 8: Making a Difference...the Road Less Traveled By Chapter 14 Act IV, Scene 9: Humor in the Classroom Chapter 15 Act IV, Scene 10: The Road Taken and Knowledge Gained Along the Way Chapter 16 Act IV, Scene 11: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Chapter 17 Act IV, Scene 12: Enjoy Your Journey Chapter 18 Act IV, Scene 13: A Slithering Adventure Chapter 19 Act IV, Scene 14: Ten Simple Rules Chapter 20 Act IV, Scene 15: Lifelong Learning Chapter 21 Act V: Choreographer for Change Chapter 22 Bibliography Chapter 23 Index Chapter 24 Biographies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761848950 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Choreographing Creativity: Teaching as Artistic and Technical within the Curriculum of Composition views teaching as a combination of artistic and technical elements, similar to a figure skating or dance routine. Dr. Jennifer Bird presents a fictional story founded in factual teaching methods to illustrate this concept. The fifteen teachers in "Cohort for Change" join her on this journey to share snapshots of their classroom experiences and advice for educators who wish to reclaim classroom creativity in the current "teach to the test" culture of education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780761848950 20160604
- Motivation in education.
- Publication date
- 0761848959 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780761848950 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0761848967 (e-ISBN)
- 9780761848967 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: