Modeling with technology : mindtools for conceptual change
- David H. Jonassen.
- 3rd ed.
- Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Pearson Merrill Prentice Hall, c2006.
- Physical description
- xix, 214 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
At the library
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|LB1028.5 .J612 2006||Unknown|
- Jonassen, David H., 1947-2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I MODELING FOR CONCEPTUAL CHANGE
- Chapter 1 Meaningful Learning: Conceptual Change and Development
- Chapter 2 Model-Building with Mindtools
- Chapter 3 Assessing Learning by Modeling PART II MODELING PHENOMENA
- Chapter 4 Modeling Domain Knowledge
- Chapter 5 Modeling Systems
- Chapter 6 Modeling Problems
- Chapter 7 Modeling Experiences: Capturing and Indexing Stories
- Chapter 8 Modeling Thinking by Building Cognitive Simulations PART III MODELING TOOLS (MINDTOOLS)
- Chapter 9 Modeling with Databases
- Chapter 10 Modeling with Semantic Networks: Building Concept Maps
- Chapter 11 Modeling with Spreadsheets
- Chapter 12 Modeling with Expert Systems
- Chapter 13 Modeling with System and Population Dynamics Tools
- Chapter 14 Modeling with Teachable Agents and Direct Manipulation Environments
- Chapter 15 Modeling with Visualization Tools
- Chapter 16 Modeling with Hypermedia
- Chapter 17 Modeling with Constraint-Based Conferences.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
For graduate-level courses in Computers in Education. Well-known for addressing the use of computers to foster critical-thinking and problem solving, this text was written to teach current and future teachers how to better engage learners more mindfully and meaningfully in the process of learning. Available now in it's Third Edition, it focuses on how to use technology to support meaningful learning through model building, providing powerful strategies for engaging, supporting, and assessing coonceptual change in learners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of: Computers as mindtools for schools. c2000.
- Related Work
- Jonassen, David H., 1947- Computers as mindtools for schools.
Browse related items
Start at call number: