Newspapers : a complete guide to the industry
- Mike Farrell and Mary Carmen Cupito.
- New York : Peter Lang, c2010.
- Physical description
- viii, 229 p. ; 23 cm.
- Media industries ; v. 6.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Just what is news anyway?
- The history of newspapers
- Why freedom of the press is essential
- The roles of a free press
- The role of the rural press
- Newspaper readership
- Newspaper ownership
- Newspaper ethics
- Newspapers and the law
- The newspaper meets the Internet
- The future (because there will be one).
- Publisher's Summary
- In a time of uncertainty and change in the newspaper industry, this book provides a concise and thorough overview of the field, looking back at newspapers' history, and forward to their future - and insisting there will be one. The authors, former journalists who now teach the subject, review the practices of the profession - from defining news to examining who owns newspapers, from newspaper readership to the new media environment. Written in an accessible style, this comprehensive text is well suited for a range of courses on newspapers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Media industries ; v. 6
- 9780820481531 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 082048153X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780820495095 (clothbound : alk. paper)
- 0820495093 (clothbound : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: