Demystifying professional learning communities : school leadership at its best
- edited by Kristine Kiefer Hipp and Jane Bumpers Huffman.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 161 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB1731 .D44 2010
- Unknown LB1731 .D44 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 147-157).
- Chapter 1 Foreword Chapter 2 Introduction Chapter 3 Demystifying the PLC Concept Chapter 4 Methodology and Conceptual Framework Chapter 5 Assessing and Analyzing Schools Chapter 6 Diagnostic and Planning Tools Chapter 7 The Professional Teaching and Learning Cycle Chapter 8 Case Story Overview Chapter 9 Case Story #1: Lake Elementary (PreK-8) Chapter 10 Case Story #2: Galena Park Middle School (6-8) Chapter 11 Case Story #3: Ralph H. Metcalfe Elementary (K4-8) Chapter 12 Sustainability: A Constant Process for Continuing Improvement Chapter 13 Final Reflections for Moving Schools Forward.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The purpose of this book is to clearly define an approach to school improvement that uses professional learning community (PLC) practices to achieve school improvement and success for every student. This book offers information, examples and case studies to clarify the concept of a PLC, to respond to critical issues in schools, and to support educational leaders in addressing the important mandates of accountability and school improvement. As school leaders proactively lead efforts to create learning communities, their schools, districts, and staff will incorporate knowledge, skills, and practices that focus on teaching and learning for all. The authors' findings will assist leaders, change agents, policy makers, and university faculty in guiding schools toward creating and maintaining PLCs as they sustain school improvement for student learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607090496 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 160709049X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607090502 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607090503 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607090519 (electronic)
- 1607090511 (electronic)