Writing strategies for U.S. history classes : a guide for teachers
- Scott Whipple.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2006.
- Physical description
- iii, 101 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|E175.8 .W48 2006||Unknown|
- Whipple, Scott, 1970-
- Chapter 1 Activity Lists Chapter 1 When to Use the Activities Chapter 3 U.S. History Thematic Units Chapter 4 Activity Descriptions Chapter 5 Student Examples.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Many students tire of writing essays and research papers day in and day out. This guide provides numerous ways to incorporate multiple methods of writing in their classroom. Scott Whipple includes more than 180 types of writing activities that can be assigned in U.S. History courses. Special features include: * In-class writing tasks * Homework assignments * Unit projects and semester projects * Opening and closing activities * A full definition and explanation of each writing strategy Good writing does not have to be limited to the English classroom, and this book provides ample opportunities for teachers to challenge students to become quality writers. Writing Strategies for U.S. History Classes will be of interest to secondary social science teachers and curriculum directors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Writing strategies for United States history classes
- 9781578864676 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1578864674 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781578864669 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1578864666 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: