Children's literature in the reading program : an invitation to read
- 3rd ed.
- Newark, DE : International Reading Association, c2009.
- Physical description
- xix, 180 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1573 .C455 2009
- Unknown LB1573 .C455 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- With today's emphasis on meeting standards and teaching within a structured curricula, it's often difficult to find time to focus on high-quality literature in daily instruction. Fortunately, in this long-awaited third edition of the bestselling "Children's Literature in the Reading Program", you'll discover the creative teaching strategies and practical guidance you need to effectively incorporate high-quality literature into your busy classroom schedule so that your students can learn to read - and enjoy doing so. This fully revised edition features all-new chapters written by outstanding educators and children's book authors that reflect the most recent research in the field. Chapters include the most current children's literature, including postmodern picture books, graphic novels, and popular series books. This book will help you select the right books for the right students at the right time, while also breathing life into the literacy curriculum.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Deborah A. Wooten & Bernice E. Cullinan.
- 9780872076990 (pbk.)
- 0872076997 (pbk.)