The economy and war in the Third Reich, 1933-1944 [electronic resource].
- German, English. Primary documents in German; database interface and descriptive text in English.
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale Cengage Learning, c2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (29 items)
- Archives unbound.
- 30,506 digital page images reproducing the following original documents from the London School of Economics and Political Science collection Statistics of the Third Reich analysed, 1933-1944: Monatliche Nachweise über den auswärtigen Handel Deutschlands(January 1933-June 1939); Der Aussenhandel Deutschlands Monatliche Nachweise (July 1939); and Sondernachweis der Aussenhandel Deutschlands (August 1939-1944). These publications illustrate a number of major topics, including: the importance of German trade with Eastern Europe; effect of new trade treaties with Southeastern European states concluded in 1934 and 1935; Germany's economic offensive beginning in 1934; growth of a "command economy" and the requirements of the Rearmament Program; balance of payments problem; and the defeat of "the traditionalists" with the dismissal of Schacht and Neurath and the appointment of Ribbentrop. Sondernachweis der Aussenhandel Deutschlands is particularly important as it provides a thorough breakdown of German foreign trade by commodity, volume and value on a monthly basis. The December issue of each year gives a final listing of annual figures.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Archives unbound
- Related Work
- Monatliche Nachweise über den auswärtigen Handel Deutschlands. January 1933-June 1939.
- Aussenhandel Deutschlands. July 1939.
- Sondernachweis der Aussenhandel Deutschlands. August 1939-1944.
- Related Work
- Statistics of the Third Reich analysed, 1933-1944.