Hector Berlioz [videorecording] : Symphonie fantastique
- InCA Productions.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish. Closed captioned., Soundtrack in English, with optional English, Chinese, French, German and Spanish subtitles.
- San Francisco, CA : SFS Media, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (117 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Keeping score.
At the library
- Symphonie fantastique / produced and directed by David Kennard, Joan Saffa
- Symphonie fantastique concert / director, Gary Halvorson ; producer, Michael Bronson
- Special features.
- " 'I feel, therefore I am.' For Hector Berlioz, and for the Romantic movement he personified, those were words to live by. But with the unprecedented outpouring of emotion in his Symphonie fantastique he almost overpowered Paris. This orchestral sonic spectacular, written to win the heart of a beautiful actress, demanded sacrifice from its author and his audience. From romantic daydreams to deadly displays of devotion, the symphony relates an 'episode in the life of an artist,' that artist being the love-obsessed composer himself. Join Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony as they follow Berlioz to the brink in this episode of Keeping Score"--Container.
- Included Work
- Berlioz, Hector, 1803-1869. Symphonie fantastique.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Symphonie fantastique
- Title on disc surface: Berlioz : Symphonie fantastique
- Keeping score, revealing classical music
- Title on disc surface: Berlioz : Symphonie fantastique.
- Special features include: inside the Orchestra video; about Keeping score; about Michael Tilson Thomas; about the San Francisco Symphony; trailers for other episodes in the series.
- Host and presenter, Michael Tilson Thomas ; San Francisco Symphony ; Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor.
- Live performance recorded December, 2007.
- DVD; NTSC; region 1; special features in high-definition, aspect ratio 16:9, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
Browse related items
Start at call number: