Music for King Henry : BL Royal MS 11 E XI
- Corporate Author
- British Library. Manuscript Royal 11 E XI.
- London : Folio Society, 2009.
- Physical description
- 1 score ( p.) : facsims. ; 51 cm. + 1 score (117 p., col. ill. ; 31 cm.) + 1 sound disc (76 min.) : digital, stereo ; 4 3/4 in.
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
- Library has: 2 scores
ML96.4 .B75 2009 COMMENTARY FF
ML96.4 .B75 2009 FF
- SOUND DISC ALSO CATALOGED SEPARATELY AS MCD 19247
- Library has: 1 sound disc
- Salve radix / Anonymous
- Psallite felices / M. Sampson
- Sub tuum presidium / Benedictus de Opitiis
- Quam pulcra es amica mea / Sampson
- Hec est preclarum vas / Anonymous
- Beati omnes qui timent dominum / Anonymous.
- Publication date
- commentary by Nicholas Bell ; performing edition by David Skinner.
- Title from t.p. of commentary and performing edition.
- Facsimile of 'The Royal Choirbook', a collection of motets presented to King Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon in 1518, accompanied by a separate volume of commentary by Nicolas Bell with a performing edition by David Skinner and an audio CD entitled: Henry's music : motets from a royal choirbook : songs by Henry VIII / Alamire. Oxfordshire : Obsidian Records, c2009.
- Commentary and facsimile are presented in their own slipcases blocked in gold.
- Limited edition of 500 copies.
- Produced to mark the 500th anniversary of the accession of King Henry VIII.
- Clare Wilkinson, mezzo-soprano ; Andrew Lawrence-King, harp ; Alamire ; QuintEssential ; David Skinner, director.
- Music Library copy 1: "This is copy number 235."