Learning communities 2.0 : educating in the age of empowerment
- William G. Spady and Charles J. Schwahn.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- vii, 169 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .S667 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-168).
- Chapter 1 Transformational Change: From Educentrism to Empowering Learning Communities Chapter 2 Establishing a Collegial Culture of Professionalism Chapter 3 Creating a Transformational Philosophy and Rationale Chapter 4 Deriving Life Performance Learner Outcomes Chapter 5 Implementing an Empowering Learning System: Paradigm Change in Action Chapter 6 Using Mass-Customized Learning to Restructure for Success Chapter 7 Building an Aligned Support Structure Chapter 8 Epilogue: Learning in the Age of Empowerment.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Learning Communities 2.0 is an insightful, incisive, and paradigm-shifting critique of today's coercive, "inside-the-box, " Industrial Age testing and accountability movement, which authors Spady and Schwahn describe as a politically driven, backward-facing juggernaut masquerading as reform. They call the compelling intellectual, functional, and moral alternative described in this book Empowering Learning Communities (ELCs). Drawing on mountains of insightful research and innovative practices from their vast experience and international consulting work in education, they clearly, systematically, and compellingly describe the distinguishing and defining components of ELCs, why ELCs are desperately needed in today's Age of Empowerment, how ELCs differ from "educentric" schools, how ELCs function, the life-performance outcomes that shape ELCs' instructional priorities, and the strategies, frameworks, and transformational technologies that local communities can use to design and implement the key elements of ELCs in a number of creative ways. This is education's inevitable future.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "Published in partnership with the American Association of School Administrators."
- 9781607096061 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607096064 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607096078 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607096072 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607096085 (electronic)
- 1607096080 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: