Blundering leadership : missteps by school administrators
- Tamara Arnott and Gayla Holmgren-Hoeller.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 211 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .A66 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 203-209).
- Chapter 1 Introduction Chapter 2 I Am the Boss and You Are Not Chapter 3 Do as I Say Not as I Do Chapter 4 Take All the Credit and None of the Blame Chapter 5 Keep the Information Treasure Hidden Chapter 6 Hiding Behind Closed Doors Chapter 7 Sure, I'll Pretend to Listen, or I Would Love to Hear your Thoughts, Concerns, and Suggestions (But Not Really) Chapter 8 My Lack of Planning Is, in Fact, Your Emergency Chapter 9 Be Mysterious: Keep 'Em Guessing Chapter 10 Reconnecting and Rebuilding the Bridges Burnt.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Often new leaders commit a series of missteps that create dissention and dissatisfaction, ultimately alienating staff. This book is designed to steer future leaders and newly promoted leaders away from these missteps. The authors share ideas to aid new leaders in making fewer mistakes that alienate constituents and subordinates and increase the likelihood of failure. With severe financial problems and increasing diverse cultures and values, today's leaders face greater challenges and need to hit the ground running. This book presents real-life leadership scenarios that resulted in negative outcomes; discusses missteps to avoid; reviews current leadership literature relevant to the scenarios; and provides leadership tips, tools, and self-development exercises.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607094227 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607094223 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607094234 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607094231 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607094241 (ebk.)
- 160709424X (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: