Responding to problem behavior in schools : the behavior education program
- Deanne A. Crone, Leanne S. Hawken, Robert H. Horner.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 242 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Guilford practical intervention in the schools series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1060.2 .C76 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 236-239) and index.
- Introduction to the Behavior Education Program. The Context for Positive Behavior Support in Schools. The Basic BEP: Critical Features and Processes. Getting a BEP Intervention Started. Crone, Hawken, MacLeod, Roles, Responsibilities, and Training Needs Related to Implementing the BEP. Designing the BEP to Fit Your School. Measuring Response to the BEP Intervention and Fading. Swain-Bradway, Horner, The Modified BEP: Adaptations and Elaborations. High School Implementation of the BEP. Johnston, Hawken, Adapting the BEP for Preschool Settings. Schumann, Burrow-Sanchez, Cultural Considerations and Adaptations for the BEP. Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting the BEP Implementation. Appendices: Appendix A.1. List of Acronyms and Definitions. Appendix B.1. Working Smarter Not Harder Organizer. Appendix B.2. Request for Assistance Form. Appendix B.3. Parental Permission Form. Appendix B.4. Daily Progress Report-Middle School, Example 1. Appendix B.5. Daily Progress Report-Middle School, Example 2. Appendix B.6. Thumbs Up! Ticket. Appendix B.7. Daily Progress Report-Elementary School, Example 1. Appendix B.8. Daily Progress Report-Elementary School, Example 2. Appendix C.1. BEP Implementation Readiness Questionnaire. Appendix C.2. Voting Form for Implementing the BEP Intervention. Appendix C.3. BEP Development and Implementation Guide. Appendix D.1. BEP Check-In, Check-Out Form-Elementary School. Appendix D.2. BEP Check-In, Check-Out Form-Middle/High School. Appendix E.1. Reinforcer Checklist. Appendix F.1. BEP Fidelity of Implementation Measure (BEP-FIM). Appendix F.2. BEP Acceptability Questionnaire-Teacher Version. Appendix F.3. BEP Acceptability Questionnaire-Student Version. Appendix F.4. BEP Acceptability Questionnaire-Parent Version. Appendix G.1. BEP Contract. Appendix G.2. BEP Support Plan. Appendix G.3. Functional Behavioral Assessment-Behavior Support Plan Protocol (F-BSP Protocol). Appendix G.4. Functional Assessment Checklist for Teachers and Staff (FACTS). Appendix H.1. High School BEP Referral Form. Appendix H.2. High School Daily Plan Agenda. Appendix H.3. Reinforcer Checklist for High School BEP.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236000 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- This bestselling book has been used in schools across the country to establish efficient and cost-effective systems of Tier 2 positive behavior support. The Behavior Education Program (BEP) was developed for the approximately 10-15% of students who fail to meet school-wide disciplinary expectations but do not yet require intensive, individualized services. Clear, step-by-step guidelines are provided for implementing the approach, which incorporates daily behavioral feedback, positive adult attention, and increased home-school collaboration. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding to facilitate photocopying, the book includes reproducible daily progress reports, handouts, and planning tools. New to This Edition: Significantly revised for even greater flexibility and user friendliness Chapters on high school implementation, preschool implementation, tailoring the BEP for a particular school, cultural considerations, and measuring intervention effectiveness Describes how the program can fit into an RTI framework as a Tier 2 intervention 18 of the 26 reproducibles are new or revised Expanded FAQ section and expanded chapter on training needs and approaches. The book will be of value to school psychologists, counselors, and administrators; special educators; graduate students in these fields. It will also serve as a text in graduate-level courses such as Behavior Management and Interventions and School-Wide Behavior Support.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606236000 20160604
- Publication date
- The Guilford practical intervention in the schools series
- 9781606236000 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606236008 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: