Managing classroom behavior : a reflective case-based approach
- James M. Kauffman ... [et al.].
- 5th ed.
- Boston : Pearson, c2011.
- Physical description
- x, 230 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .M326 2011||Unknown|
- Kauffman, James M.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 226-228) and index.
- Part I -- -- -- Developing a Reflective Approach to Problems Chapter 1 -- -- Analyzing Cases Chapter 2 -- -- --Planning for the Year and Managing the Physical Environment Chapter 3 -- -- --Identifying Behavior Problems Chapter 4 -- -- --Analyzing Behavior Problems Chapter 5 -- -- --Changing Behavior Chapter 6 -- -- --Talking with Students Chapter 7 -- -- --Using Peer Influence Chapter 8 -- -- --Working with Other Teachers and Other Professionals Chapter 9 -- -- --Working with Parents and Families -- Part II -- -- -- Cases for Analysis and Discussion .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137056798 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Managing Classroom Behavior is written for elementary, middle, and high school teachers, both general and special educators, who are currently in training or already teaching in the classroom. Based entirely on empirical research and richly illustrated with numerous examples on how behavior is managed in the classroom, this popular case book is widely used in the education community. Giving its readers a real-world look at the subject, it provides the opportunity for teachers to practice applying principles of behavior management through the analysis of actual case studies, self-questioning, and reflection. All case studies are included-in full- in Part II of the text and portray teachers' actual experiences and opportunity for application by the reader. Widely diverse, the cases depict general and special educator, and describe students ranging from primary grades to high school. There are also multicultural cases and a discussion of multicultural issues. This updated edition features a new chapter on planning for the school year and managing the physical environment; a new special feature which makes direct and explicit links between chapters in Part I and specific cases in Part II; revised and updated case studies, with the inclusion of all case descriptions now in the text; reorganized inclusion of APA references and the APA Style Guide; and all chapters have gone through a thorough revision process.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137056798 20160604
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2006.
- 9780137056798 (pbk.)
- 0137056796 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: