Across cultures : a guide to multicultural literature for children
- Kathy East and Rebecca L. Thomas.
- Westport, Conn. : Libraries Unlimited, 2007.
- Physical description
- xii, 342 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Children's and young adult literature reference series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|Z1037 .E19 2007||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Identity, self-image, and learning
- Families, friends, and neighborhoods
- Traditions--food, art, poetry, music, and celebrations
- Exploring the past in diverse communities
- Knowing today's world
- Parent-child book discussion groups
- Literature circles.
- Publisher's Summary
- Compiled by two experienced librarians, Across Cultures introduces you to more than 400 recent fiction and nonfiction multicultural resources for preschool through grade 6 and encourages you to make literature about diversity an integral part of your program of instruction. Arranged in thematic groupings (Identity and Self-Image, Family and Friends, Traditions, Exploring the Past in Diverse Communities, for example), this lively volume links diverse peoples, themes, and issues. It presents both annotations and practical advice on programming strategies. Connections are made to projects, graphic organizers, and activities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781591583363 20160604
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Children's literature, American > Bibliography.
- Children's literature, English > Bibliography.
- Multiculturalism > Juvenile literature > Bibliography.
- Cultural pluralism > Juvenile literature > Bibliography.
- Identity (Psychology) > Juvenile literature > Bibliography.
- Difference (Psychology) > Juvenile literature > Bibliography.
- Children > Books and reading > United States.
- Reading promotion > United States.
- Publication date
- Children's and young adult literature reference series
- 9781591583363 (cloth)
- 1591583365 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: