After Auschwitz [videorecording] : battle for the holocaust
- a film by Paul Yule.
- New York, N.Y. : Cinema Guild, [2005?], c2001.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (50 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Why exactly does the Holocaust loom so large in our consciousness? To what political purposes has this memory been put? Filmed in the U.S., Europe and Israel, this controversial documentary charts the evolution of our idea of the Holocaust, from 1945 to the present, critically examines the international campaign for restitution, ponders the relationship between the Holocaust and the contemporary politics of the Middle East and challenges conventional historical viewpoints.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) > Historiography.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) > Political aspects.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) > Influence.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) > Philosophy.
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) > Foreign public opinion.
- Historiography > Europe.
- Jews > Europe > Claims.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- Title Variation
- Battle for the holocaust
- This disc is a DVD-R and may fail to play on some DVD equipment.
- Title from container.
- Production Credits
- Exec. producer, Roy Ackerman ; editor, John Street ; original music, Donald Fraser.
- Commentary: Henry Kissinger, Peter Novick, Norman Finkelstein, Gulie Ne'eman Arad, Elan Steinberg, Elie Wiesel.
Browse related items
Start at call number: