Innovations in educational psychology : perspectives on learning, teaching, and human development
- David D. Preiss, Robert J. Sternberg, editors.
- New York : Springer Pub. Co., c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 476 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1051 .I485 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Section I. Genetics and Neuroscience-- Section II: Cognitive Science of Education-- Section III: Social and Emotional Aspects of learning-- Section IV: Cultural Aspects of Teaching and Learning-- Section V: The Learning Sciences and School Reform.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780826121622 20160603
- Publisher's Summary
- "[This book] is solid in its topic coverage and delivery...Readers will glean a multitude of new ideas from the theories and approaches presented in this book, ranging from cultural aspects of teaching to Sternberg's WICS model." --Doody's This book serves as a comprehensive review of the current state-of-the-art in educational psychology and applied cognitive science. The chapter authors, who are all leading researchers in this field, provide reviews of contemporary discoveries related to educational research that are both novel and forward-thinking. The book contains the cutting edge literature on genetics and neuroscience, cognitive science and its relation to critical thinking, reading-related phonological processes, cultural considerations in education, and much more. The research methods and perspectives discussed range from education and psychology, to artificial intelligence and economics, thus offering a breadth of knowledge and insight on the field of educational research. The authors provide numerous tools and models for both routine and non-routine decision-making in educational settings. Both psychologists and researchers in the fields of cognitive, developmental, educational, and cultural psychology will want this book on their bookshelf.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780826121622 20160603
- Publication date
- 9780826121622 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0826121624 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780826121639 (ebk.)
- 0826121632 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: