Approaches to behavior and classroom management : integrating discipline and care
- W. George Scarlett, Iris Chin Ponte, Jay P. Singh.
- Los Angeles : Sage, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 287 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|LB3013 .S287 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 261-273) and index.
- Foreword: David Elkind Preface PART I. INTRODUCTION 1. Introduction to Approaches and Methods 2. A Historical Perspective on Behavior and Classroom Management PART II. RELATIONSHIP BUILDING 3. Building Positive Teacher-Student Relationships 4. Community Approaches PART III. LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT 5. Learning Approaches 6. Developmental Approaches PART IV. ORGANIZATION 7. Organizational Approaches 8. The Classroom Systems Approach PART V. ACCOMMODATING DIVERSITY 9. Cultural Approaches 10. The Medical Model and Organic Approaches to Behavior Management Conclusion. Integrating Discipline and Care.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Approaches to Behavior and Classroom Management" focuses on teaching readers how to use a variety of approaches in behaviour and classroom management in order to make good decisions when faced with the challenge of creating positive classroom communities. Today's classrooms often include children from a variety of backgrounds and with different needs - needs that must be met if these children are to thrive in school. This text will provide teachers and other educators with the historical and cultural framework necessary to understand approaches to behavior and classroom management, a deep understanding of each approach, and a tool belt of relevant methods from which to choose to meet the needs of various situations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412937443 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412937442 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412972581 (CD-ROM)
- 1412972582 (CD-ROM)
Browse related items
Start at call number: