Popular education practice for youth and community development work
- Dave Beck and Rod Purcell.
- Southernhay East, Exeter [England] : Learning Matters, 2010.
- Physical description
- x, 130 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Empowering youth and community work practice.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC196 .B43 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 120-125) and index.
- Section I- Theoretical background Why we need popular education: A critical review of current practice Social change The legacy of Paulo Freire Gramsci Youth and community work as transformational practice Global popular education Section II - Practice Overview of how groups work Developing generative themes for community action Using codes: Critical reflection for practice Participation Theatre of the oppressed Practice examples Section III - Resources Internet resources References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781844452071 20160604
- Publisher's Summary
- Drawing on the legacy of Paulo Freire and the insights of Antonio Gramsci, this book provides new ways of working with communities which put people at the heart of the development agenda. In addition, it offers a strong theoretical basis for action and an insight into the practical application of popular education methods and is based upon strong traditions of practice experience from both the developing and developed worlds. The book is structured so that the theory and practice are integrated. Each chapter provides key discussion points, practice examples, learning activities and a summary of content and learning points.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781844452071 20160604
- Publication date
- Empowering youth and community work practice
- 9781844452071 (pbk.)
- 1844452077 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: