Building school culture one week at a time
- Jeffrey Zoul.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye on Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 160 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .Z67 2010||Unknown|
- Zoul, Jeffrey.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 155-160).
- Introduction 1. Laying the Groundwork 2. A Culture of Care 3. Standards for School Performance 4. Curriculum: An Action, Not a Thing 5. Active Learning 6. Background Knowledge: The Foundation 7. Differentiated Instruction Defined 8. Expecting the Best 9. Graphic Organizers 10. Differentiated Instruction Practices 11. Lesson Closure 12. A Collaborative Learning Culture 13. The Heart of Coaching 14. A Culture of Gratitude 15. A Community of Leaders 16. Making it Stick 17. Teaching Organization Skills 18. A Culture of Giving 19. Stretching the Culture for Powerful Learning 20. Creating a Vision 21. Homework Perspectives 22. And more!.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671430 20160603
- Publisher's Summary
- Use Friday Focus memos to motivate and engage your staff every week, and help create a school culture focused on the growth of students and teachers. Easy to understand and implement, Friday Focus memos offer an effective and efficient way to improve student learning, staff development, and school culture from within. Written by educational consultant and former principal of two award-winning schools, Jeffrey Zoul, these memos focus on topics such as active learning, high expectations, gratitude, test preparation, and more. Zoul provides 37 teaching and learning memos, one for each week of the school year, for principals and other administrators to reproduce and circulate among their staff. Zoul prefaces each memo with stories from his experiences as a teacher, coach, and assistant principal in the K-12 levels. You can also write your own memos, with guidance on possible topics and teacher takeaways. Other memo topics include: The heart of coaching A community of leaders Homework perspectives Response to intervention basics Principles of great teaching.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671430 20160603
- Publication date
- 1596671432 (pbk.)
- 9781596671430 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: