Moral argument, religion, and same-sex marriage : advancing the public good
- edited by Gordon A. Babst, Emily R. Gill, and Jason Pierceson.
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2009.
- Physical description
- xix, 245 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- A commentary on the old saw that same-sex marriage threatens civilization / Ronald L. Steiner
- Looking for liberty and defining marriage in three same-sex marriage cases / Karen Struening
- The religion clauses and same-sex marriage / Emily R. Gill
- Against neutrality in the legal recognition of intimate relationships / Carlos A. Ball
- Marriage equality and the morality of liberalism : the California decision / R. Claire Snyder-Hall
- Same-sex marriage and the American political tradition / Jason Pierceson
- The special status of religion under the First Amendment-- and what it means for gay rights and antidiscrimination laws / Sam Marcosson
- Supporting queer youth : a new vision of child, family, and state / Valerie Lehr
- Consuming its own? : heteronormativity contra human plurality / Gordon A. Babst.
This book engages with opponents of same-sex marriage on their own turf, morals discourse, and demonstrates that legal and political argumentation is on the side of gay rights advocates on this contemporary vexing issue. The diversity of its authors makes the book suitable for courses in political theory, Constitutional law, American politics, and gay studies.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780739126493 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0739126490 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780739126509 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0739126504 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780739141199 (electronic)
- 0739141198 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: